Guber race: No prefer candidate for PDP in Ondo— Akintoye
The Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) has refuted the rumour that Ondo State Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi, would be giving automatic ticket if he dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress, (APC)
On Tuesday, PDP’s Spokesman in the state, Mr Zadok Akintoye, said that the party did not have a preferred candidate and would ensure level playing field for all aspirants or intending aspirant.
READ ALSO:Another shocking death of traditional ruler hit Kano
“As it has been clearly stated by the State Caretaker Chairman, Mr Clement Faboyede, no aspirant shall be shut out of the process for picking a candidate as the party has concluded plans to guaranty free, fair, transparent and all-inclusive primaries as is the established custom of our party.
“Please note that the PDP remains absolutely committed to the principles and ethics of democracy and all intending members are expected to fully register at their wards and also participate in all party activities. READ ALSO:Group advises parents on Children’s Day celebration
“The party acknowledges the right of His Excellency Mr Agboola Ajayi and all members of the public wishing to join our fold and would accord all intending members and aspirants a warm reception as we work together to liberate our dear state.
“We once again assure all aspirants and members of the party that the information as contained in the report is not true neither does it reflect the position of the state and national office” Akintoy
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents