The Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) has refuted the rumour that Ondo State Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi, would be giving automatic ticket if he dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress, (APC)
On Tuesday, PDP’s Spokesman in the state, Mr Zadok Akintoye, said that the party did not have a preferred candidate and would ensure level playing field for all aspirants or intending aspirant.
“As it has been clearly stated by the State Caretaker Chairman, Mr Clement Faboyede, no aspirant shall be shut out of the process for picking a candidate as the party has concluded plans to guaranty free, fair, transparent and all-inclusive primaries as is the established custom of our party.
“Please note that the PDP remains absolutely committed to the principles and ethics of democracy and all intending members are expected to fully register at their wards and also participate in all party activities. READ ALSO:Group advises parents on Children’s Day celebration
“The party acknowledges the right of His Excellency Mr Agboola Ajayi and all members of the public wishing to join our fold and would accord all intending members and aspirants a warm reception as we work together to liberate our dear state.
“We once again assure all aspirants and members of the party that the information as contained in the report is not true neither does it reflect the position of the state and national office” Akintoy
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption