By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Former Nigerian Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has sent a congratulatory message to President Muhammadu Buhari on his 76th Birthday.
In a letter personally signed by the former leader, he congratulated Buhari for attaining the new age and for his excellent qualities as the President of Nigeria at this material time.
President Muhammadu Buhari clocks 76 on Monday 17, December, 2018.
“As we get over our mid-seventies, we can say with all sense of modesty that we should celebrate every birthday anniversary with prayers in order for us to thank Allah for all the blessings and the bounties He showered upon us.
“It is only fair that we pause and reflect in our own different ways on all the life’s challenges we face day by day and the positive strides we have been blessed to attain.”
IBB said “a typical day in the life of a Nigerian President requires faith, poise, patience, tenacity, experience, strategic thinking and quality character for one to get through it.”
He noted that President Muhammadu Buhari has been “an excellent role model to many young aspiring politicians and even to the not so young, because of the way and manner you have managed to sustain the survival of our country as an indivisible one nation albeit in the face of many daunting diversions.”
He added; “You achieved great success in the fight against corruption, terrorism and other forms of insecurity in addition to getting our country out of economic recession.
“It is heartwarming that at 76, in spite of the numerous onerous challenges of leadership, you have managed to remain focused and have shown tremendous energy and vibrancy in running the affairs of state with your acknowledged patriotism and commitment to serve our nation diligently with honesty and sincerity of purpose.”
“I wish to congratulate you for all the achievements you have recorded in your lifetime and particularly for your humility, deep sense of honesty and faith you have shown in the various aspects of governance, politics and democracy as our President.”
“I join the first lady, Aisha and all your children and grandchildren in wishing you many happy returns of your birthday. Aisha’s loyalty and support, as the home front commander, is invigorating since by our age we require much comfort, care and affection at home. Welcome to our club of the over 75”
- EFCC takes over Uzor Kalu’s properties after conviction
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police