A group, Nka Ikemesit Mkparawa Essien Efik Duob-Eba, reportedly domiciled in the palace of the Obong of Calabar, has given the Head of Igbo community in Calabar, 7 days to leave the town or face consequences.
The order addressed to the leader of the Ndibo Community, Eze Ndigbo, was contained in a statement issued on Thursday.
The statement signed by the Chairman, Ekpo Ekeng, Vice Chairman, Adim Ekpenyong Adim, Secretary, Ekpenyong Bassey Ekpenyong and Assistant Secretary, Christy Edem Bassey Edem.
The group lamented the insult allegedly meted on the Obong of Calabar by the Eze Ndigbo.
The group accused the Head of Igbo community of claiming to be the Obong of Calabar whereas he is not.
“For insulting the Obong of Calabar, calling yourself or making yourself the Obong of Calabar, when Obong of Calabar is on the throne we give you 7 days to leave the town,” the group fumed
It was learnt that the incident allegedly occurred during the award given to Innoson Motors on the 27th March, 2021, at the University of Calabar.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74