The Accord Party gubernatorial candidate in Ekiti, Chief Reuben Famuyibo, has promised to liberate the people of the state from the shackles of poverty and hunger, if elected as the governor of the state.
Famuyibo gave the promise during his door-to-door campaign to Erio-Ekiti and Ido-Ile-Ekiti communities on Saturday.
A statement issued by his Media Aide, Mr Olajide Omojolomoju, on Saturday in Ado-Ekiti said that Famuyibo also met with his supporters and shared his vision and mission for state, if given the opportunity to emerge as governor.
“At town hall meetings held with party members and supporters in the two communities, he told them that he was in the race to liberate the people from the shackles of poverty and hunger which the present administration and its predecessors had plunged them into,” the statement said.
Famuyibo, who stated that Ekiti people had no business with hunger and poverty, also condemned the presidential aspiration of Gov. Kayode Fayemi.
“Our governor wants to be president, while his people are hungry; salaries are being owed civil servants and pensioners are being denied the reward of their services to the state.
“Enough is enough for Ekiti people being taken for a ride by the people in government,” he said.
The governorship candidate urged the people of the state not to commercialise their vote, but to take their destinies in their hands and vote out those who had impoverished them.
He also lamented a situation where graduates had become commercial motorcyclists as a result of unemployment, promising that his administration would create employment opportunities and enabling environment for those with creative business ideas to thrive.
Famuyibo expressed sadness at what he said residents of the state were going through now, occasioned by bad governance, promising that a vote for him would be a vote to change the fortune of Ekiti people for the better.
The statement quoted the people of the two communities as promising not only to vote for Famuyibo, but to also mobilise their families and friends to secure victory for him in the June 18 governorship election. (NAN)
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78