Thomas Markle Sr. has hit out at Prince Harry and his daughter Meghan Markle, calling Meghan a liar.
The 77-year-old, who has never met son-in-law Harry or his grandchildren, said he was “surprised” that Harry has never made an effort with him and blamed the prince for his and his daughter’s relationship breakdown.
He also claims the Duke of Sussex, 36, never asked him for his daughter’s hand in marriage.
“I’m blaming Harry for this mostly,” he said. “Harry has this saying: If you look at the paparazzi, you’re done.
“I’m surprised Harry never bothered to come and visit me, or ask for my daughter’s hand in marriage.”
Speaking about his hospitalisation before Harry and Meghan’s wedding after he suffered a heart attack, Thomas continued: “I was lying in hospital, talking to them from hospital, telling them I couldn’t come to the wedding and they haven’t talked to me since.
“You’re a parent and your child’s in hospital, wouldn’t you be concerned if they live or die? They don’t answer or respond in any way shape or form.”
Thomas also claimed that Harry has “changed” the way his daughter behaves.
He said: “”She’s changed, she’s not the daughter I knew. My daughter was a much more loving person than she is now.”
Thomas went on to call Meghan a liar over some of her claims in the Sussexes explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in March.
He said: “She’s been lying for years. She’s been lying on and off over different things for years, lying about the Archbishop? How can you lie about the Archbishop?
“How can you say we got married three days before the wedding when they didn’t?”
“I don’t know if he’s the one behind it, but I really think that Harry and some of her friends have changed her. I love my daughter, but I don’t always like what they’re doing,” he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal