Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Edo Sept. 19 governorship election has promised to revamp the industrial sector of the state if elected governor.
Mr John Mayaki, Chairman, Edo APC Media Campaign Council, disclosed this in a statement issued on Wednesday in Benin.
According to him, Ize-Iyamu gave the assurance while addressing members of the Benin Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (BENCCIMA).
The APC candidate pledged to address the lapses and neglect in the state industrial sector, saying that the sector had huge potential to create employment and development.
Ize-Iyamu promised functional infrastructure, support for women operating local and small scale businesses if elected governor of the state.
He assured that he would partner the BENCCIMA in the execution of his SIMPLE agenda if elected governor.
He also presented copies of his SIMPLE agenda to the chamber.
President of BENCCIMA, Mrs Helen Atekha-Odemwingie, said the industrial sector in the state urgently required a life line to bounce back to being productive.
Atekha-Odemwingie said the SIMPLE agenda of the APC candidate proffered workable solution to reposition the state, adding that the APC candidate understood the challenges facing the state.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants