He was killed along with 40 other bandits by airstrikes undertaken by a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft, ROYAL NEWS haa gathered.
The airstrikes were authorized by the military command after Dogo Umaru and his cohorts were confirmed to have orchestrated a series of ‘gruesome’ attacks on Magama Village in Jibia Local Government Area (LGA) of Katsina State.
One of their recent attacks led to the death of the Magama Divisional Police Officer (DPO), while a soldier was wounded.
Dogo Umaru and his foot soldiers have been known to stage their attacks on surrounding villages from a nearby school, Tsamben Dantambara Primary School, which has since been deserted.
However, PRNigeria learnt from a military covert operative that two aircraft were deployed to ‘massacre’ the Katsina terrorist elements..
“One of the aircraft engaged the terrorists in successive passes, while the second one equally mopped-up fleeing Terrorists,” he said.
Local sources residing near Tsamben Babare village revealed that 42 terrorists were eliminated in the NAF airstrikes, including Dogo Umaru.
An intelligence officer of the Nigerian Army said the military troops and men of other security agencies have intensified their operation in various theatres in the Northwest, recently.
“Last week, strikes by a NAF aircraft and combat operations of the ground troops in Kaduna and Niger States eliminated scores of terrorists near the Nigerian Defence Academy and along Shadadi-Maundu respectively”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory