The federal government on Friday granted the newly approved private-owned institution, Ahman Pategi University (APU), Kwara State a provisional operation licence to commence its academic programmes.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu and the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Professor Abubakar Adamu Rasheed appended their signatures on the licence with serial number 94.
With the government’s licence, academic programmes can commence, the University’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Mahfouz Adedemeji told ROYAL NEWS on arrival at the Ilorin International Airport on Thursday.
The provisional licence which was dated April 8, 2021, and titled: “Provisional licence to operate as a private university”, the licence with serial number 94 reads:
This is to certify that upon fulfilment of all requirements laid down in the Education (National Minimum Standards and Establishment of Institutions) Act, Cap E3 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, the Federal Government has approved the establishment of Ahman Pategi University, Patigi, Kwara State and it is hereby registered and permitted to operate as a Private University in Nigeria.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92