The Kaduna State Police Command has advised the management of schools, places of worship, motor parks, markets, recreational centres and other public places to revive the usual checks on vehicles and luggage, especially at entrance points.
The command also directed all its officers to intensify surveillance and liaise with stakeholders within their jurisdictions to ensure collective vigilance.
The directive comes a day after Nathaniel Samuel was nabbed while attempting to bomb the Living Faith Church at Sabon Tasha in Kaduna this Sunday.
Police spokesman Yakubu Sabo explained that Samuel of Maraban Damishi via Maraban Rido in Chikun council was arrested by the Police inside Living Faith Church at Sabon Tasha while the Church service was ongoing.
Sabo said the suspect was arrested in possession of some suspected Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs) contained in his bag.
“The suspect was said to have kept the bag on the church’s seat and went into a restroom for over an hour. He is currently being interrogated at the Command’s Criminal Investigation Department while efforts are on to apprehend his accomplices.
“The Commissioner of Police CP Umar M. Muri, assures the good people of Kaduna State of adequate security through the proactive measures adopted by the Command recently. He further directs all Police officers in the Command to intensify surveillance and to liaise with stakeholders within their jurisdictions to ensure collective vigilance.
“The Command also advises management of Schools, places of Worship, Motor Parks, Markets, Recreational Centres and other Public Places to revive the usual checks on vehicles and luggage especially at entrance points.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal