The Kaduna State Police Command has advised the management of schools, places of worship, motor parks, markets, recreational centres and other public places to revive the usual checks on vehicles and luggage, especially at entrance points.
The command also directed all its officers to intensify surveillance and liaise with stakeholders within their jurisdictions to ensure collective vigilance.
The directive comes a day after Nathaniel Samuel was nabbed while attempting to bomb the Living Faith Church at Sabon Tasha in Kaduna this Sunday.
Police spokesman Yakubu Sabo explained that Samuel of Maraban Damishi via Maraban Rido in Chikun council was arrested by the Police inside Living Faith Church at Sabon Tasha while the Church service was ongoing.
Sabo said the suspect was arrested in possession of some suspected Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs) contained in his bag.
“The suspect was said to have kept the bag on the church’s seat and went into a restroom for over an hour. He is currently being interrogated at the Command’s Criminal Investigation Department while efforts are on to apprehend his accomplices.
“The Commissioner of Police CP Umar M. Muri, assures the good people of Kaduna State of adequate security through the proactive measures adopted by the Command recently. He further directs all Police officers in the Command to intensify surveillance and to liaise with stakeholders within their jurisdictions to ensure collective vigilance.
“The Command also advises management of Schools, places of Worship, Motor Parks, Markets, Recreational Centres and other Public Places to revive the usual checks on vehicles and luggage especially at entrance points.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai