Unknown gunmen believed to be armed bandits have attacked the Greenfield University in Kaduna State.
The attack was carried out on Tuesday night when the gunmen invaded the school premises and whisked away unspecified number of students.
Details of the incident was still sketchy as of the time of filing this report.
Meanwhile, the Senator who represented the Kaduna Central during the 8th National Assembly, Senator Shehu Sani confirmed the incident on his verified Twitter handle.
“The fresh report that Bandits have attacked and kidnapped many students at the Greenfield University along Kaduna-Abuja road is yet another tragedy.
“Proprietors of schools within this axis need to read the signs. Even most of us have abandoned our farms to the care of God,” he said.
Effort by DAILY POST correspondent to reach the state’s Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Mohammed Janige, was unsuccessful as he was unable to take calls.
- Stakeholders set to discuss economic rescue measures through transportation industry
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom