An Islamic cleric, Abduljabbar Nasiru Kabara who was charged with blasphemy has been sentenced to death by hanging in Kano.
This occured at a Kano Upper Shari’a Court sitting at Kofar Kudu, Kano State, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Mallam Ibrahim Sarki Yola, the judge who delivered the conviction in a court session which lasted over two hours, also banned radio and television stations from broadcasting works produced by the cleric.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants