Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, represented by his Deputy, Mr Kayode Alabi, made the commitment on Monday at the start of local immunisation days in commemoration of the second anniversary in the governor at Alanamu Health Centre.
He said his administration has made various quality interventions and improved health outcomes by selecting more than 20 primary healthcare centres for upgrade, which are at multiple stages of completion across the state.
AbdulRazaq added that the state had established the State Emergency Routine Immunisation Coordination Centre with adequate funding for its smooth operation to sustain the gains of interrupting transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases and revamping routine immunisation in the state.
He added that Kwara was adjudged the best state in the country in both preparedness and coverage during the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination and also excellent performance from periodic independent assessment by the National Bureau of Statistics and World Health Organisation.
He appreciated the management and staff of the state Primary Healthcare Development for their resilience and determination to ensure no single community is left unattended.
The Commissioner for Health, Dr Raji Razaq, said the state had adopted a multifaceted approach to bringing development to the people.
The Executive Secretary, Kwara State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr Nusirat Elelu, said the week-long intervention was to ramp up immunisation coverage and other primary healthcare interventions.
The Ilorin West Transition Implementation Committee Chairman, Mr Abdulgafar Omotosho, said the occasion indicate a working government and a sharp contrast between the past and the present.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG