The Kwara State Police Command on Monday described as falsehood and malicious the rumour making the rounds of the sacking of the ‘D’ Divisional Police Headquarters, Adewole Ilorin by soldiers over an allegation that the premises of the police station was used for rituals.
The Spokesperson of the Command, DSP Ajayi Okasanmi in a statement issued in Ilorin a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS said; “according to the false claim, a child to one army officer was kidnapped and taken to the station for ritual purposes.
“The rumour could not have deserved any response from the command but for the concerns shown by friends of the Command who believes rightly that such could never happen in the Command.
“To this end, the Command is using this medium to debunk such rumour as a figment of the imagination of the bearers, the Command statutory duty is to protect lives and property of the citizens, prevent, detect, apprehend and prosecute offenders and that we shall hold tightly to.”
DSP Okasanmi however stressed that, “Kwarans are assured of there safety at all times, while they are enjoined to go about their lawful businesses without fear. The command wishes Kwarans a happy independence anniversary, please.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign