The Kwara State Police Command on Monday described as falsehood and malicious the rumour making the rounds of the sacking of the ‘D’ Divisional Police Headquarters, Adewole Ilorin by soldiers over an allegation that the premises of the police station was used for rituals.
The Spokesperson of the Command, DSP Ajayi Okasanmi in a statement issued in Ilorin a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS said; “according to the false claim, a child to one army officer was kidnapped and taken to the station for ritual purposes.
“The rumour could not have deserved any response from the command but for the concerns shown by friends of the Command who believes rightly that such could never happen in the Command.
“To this end, the Command is using this medium to debunk such rumour as a figment of the imagination of the bearers, the Command statutory duty is to protect lives and property of the citizens, prevent, detect, apprehend and prosecute offenders and that we shall hold tightly to.”
DSP Okasanmi however stressed that, “Kwarans are assured of there safety at all times, while they are enjoined to go about their lawful businesses without fear. The command wishes Kwarans a happy independence anniversary, please.”
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes