ROYAL NEWS reports that the presiding judge, Justice Sunday Adeniyi, while delivering ruling on the bail application, moved by Tal’Olohun’s counsel, Barrister Ademola Banks, said Tal’Olohun could proceed to meet his family if he can fulfil all the bail conditions.
He ordered Tal’Olohun to provide two sureties who have N5m each in their bank accounts with an evidence of bank statement to back up their claims.
The judge said that the sureties must be residents within the jurisdiction of the court while one of them must be a community leader in the state.
Adeniyi also ruled that the sureties must show evidence of tax payment from seven years to date and must also possess landed property within the court’s jurisdiction.
Earlier, the court had revoked the bail it granted Tal’Olohun’s accomplice, Ademola Olawoore, a.k.a Oluwo Nla of Tede, who failed to cause appearance at the early stage of the proceedings, forcing the Judge to issue a bench warrant against him.
The court, however, vacated the order after Oluwo Nla walked in, giving excuse to the court considered tenable.
Tal’Olohun and Oluwo Nla were slammed with alleged complaints of conspiracy, disturbance of public peace, inciting public disturbance, criminal defamation of character and intentional insult to provoke breach of peace contrary to Sections 96, 113, 114, 391, 399 of the Penal code law of Nigeria.
The complaints were filed before the Court by A.A. Abolaji Ajasa and Co on behalf of an Ilorin Islamic cleric, Alfa Okutagidi, of number 105, Pakata road, Ilorin, Kwara State.
The prosecution alleged that Tal’Olohun made a video where he maliciously claimed that the late Okutagidi’s father, who was a prominent Islamic Scholar in Kwara State and made historic contributions to Islamic Teaching and Literature across Yoruba land had sought spiritual assistance from Osun deity during his life time which he posted on his Facebook on July 1, 2023.
He further alleged that Tal’ Olohun also posted in the video that the complainant who succeeded his father also consulted Osun worshipers for spiritual assistance for his childless wife and to which Osun deity gave his wife a child.
He also alleged that Oluwo Nla in another video with Tal’Olohun conspired that the late father of the complainant had many idols during his lifetime which he used to worship, adding that he learned of this when he was a student under the late Cleric.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban