The Kwara State Government has announced the postponement of the 2020 Common Entrance Examination earlier rescheduled for today, Saturday, 24th October, 2020.
The State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, Hajia Fatimah Bisola Ahmed said the decision was taken after a critical look at the situation in the State.
In her words, “the Common Entrance Examination that was slated for Saturday, 24th October, 2020 has been postponed until further notice. This is as a result of youth unrest which is a threat to the security of our pupils and the society at large.”
Hajia Ahmed assured parents and guardians that the state government will communicate the new date to them as soon as possible.
She,however, appealed to parents and guardians to be vigilant and monitor the movement of their wards.
Yakub K. Aliagan
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)