The Senator representing Kwara Central in the National Assembly and Turaki of Ilorin, Senator Saliu Mustapha, has admonished Nigerians irrespective of their ethnicity, religious beliefs and political affiliations to imbibe and put into practice, the virtues of peace, piety and honesty, which Holy Prophet Muhammad exemplified.
The legislator particularly enjoined Muslim faithful to emulate the exemplary lifestyle of the holy Prophet Muhammad and adhere to the tenets of Qur’an and principles of Hadith he propagated.
In a statement issued to Journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital to commemorate Maolud Nabiyy Celebration, the Turaki of Ilorin, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Agricultural Production Services and Rural Development, recalled that Prophet Muhammad had throughout his lifetime, preached love, piety, peace and honesty among the people.
Mustapha said, “The importance of this occasion is to remember the life and times of the Holy Prophet Muhammad and emulate his exemplary character.
“I’m using this occasion to call on Muslim ummah and Nigerians as a whole to emulate all these noble characteristics of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, who lived a peaceful life, preached peaceful co-existence among and between his followers and the adherents of other beliefs”.
While praying for an end to insecurity, economic crisis and other challenges bedeviling Nigerians, the Kwara Central Senator urged Muslims, particularly the Islamic preachers and teachers as well as Muslim leaders to preach moral values, piety, love and other values of Islam always to their disciples for the restoration of peace in the society.
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban
- Why we want JAMB to extend UTME result validity beyond one year— ASUP