Deji Adeyanju, popular activist, on Saturday, linked President Muhammadu Buhari to the arrest of End SARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos State.
Adeyanju said the police arrested popular comedian, Mr Macaroni and other protesters on Buhari government’s orders.
The convener of Concerned Nigerian stated this in a series of tweets, on Saturday.
He wrote: “The suffering and smiling police officers acting on the instructions of the Buhari regime have just collected @mrmacaroni’s phones and his IG live stopped.
“This is not a democracy but a military regime. #OccupyLekkiTollGate
“#OccupyLekkiTollGate: 10 protesters, Juwon, Kehinde, Kiara, and others arrested at the Lekki TollGate a few minutes ago. They’re currently being taken to an unknown destination in a Black Maria.”
Earlier police operatives deployed to Lekki toll gate had arrested some protesters including Mr Marcaroni.
End SARS protesters had called for demonstration over the reopening of the Lekki toll gate.
The aggrieved youths had vowed to shutdown the the facility via a fresh protest planned to commence today.
Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry on the End SARS had granted the Lekki Concession Company, LCC, permission to reopen the Lekki toll gate.
The toll gate was closed after the October 2020 incident that led to the killings of some End SARS protesters.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget