The Federal Government had warned the protesters against embarking on a fresh protest in the country, stressing that the security agencies were ready to avert the planned protest.
The Police on Friday evening, dispatched teams of operatives along the Lekki corridor ahead of protest at the toll gate.
The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command confirmed the deployment.
Recall that following the resolve of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on the #EndSARS in the state to reopen the Tollgate, some aggrieved youths had vowed to shutdown the the facility via a fresh protest planned to commence today.
Abiodun Sanusi, one of the organisers of the protest, told Daily Trust that a total of 14 persons have been arrested.
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments