The Federal Government had warned the protesters against embarking on a fresh protest in the country, stressing that the security agencies were ready to avert the planned protest.
The Police on Friday evening, dispatched teams of operatives along the Lekki corridor ahead of protest at the toll gate.
The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command confirmed the deployment.
Recall that following the resolve of the Judicial Panel of Inquiry on the #EndSARS in the state to reopen the Tollgate, some aggrieved youths had vowed to shutdown the the facility via a fresh protest planned to commence today.
Abiodun Sanusi, one of the organisers of the protest, told Daily Trust that a total of 14 persons have been arrested.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign