Lawyer to Ibrahim Magu, the suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), Barrister Tosin Ojaomo, has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari should order the reinstatement of his client if the Justice Ayo Salami panel eventually finds him not culpable of the allegations.
He stated this on Thursday Adesina while featuring on TV programme tagged: “Politics Today”, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Also, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, has said the presidential panel investigating Ibrahim Magu, the suspended Acting Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, might have detained him to ensure relevant documents were not tampered with.
According to Adesina, although he is not a lawyer to determine if the panel was justified in detaining Magu for 10 days, it may have taken measures to ensure that relevant documents needed in connection with the investigations were not tampered with.
He noted that before Mr. Magu was invited, the panel had sat for weeks over the allegations of corruption and determined that there was the need for the suspended EFCC Acting Chairman to appear before it.
He added that “it is against this backdrop that President Muhammadu Buhari gave the panel the mandate to invite Mr. Magu to answer to the allegations against him.”
Mr. Magu was arrested last week Monday and had been detained by the police until his release on Wednesday.
He had been appearing before the presidential panel investigating allegations of corruption and insubordination levelled against him by Abubakar Malami, Nigeria’s Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation.
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes