Musty FC has reached the final of the 2023 Emir Of Ilorin Cup after thrashing Okaa Sports FC 4-2 in the first Semi-final of the competition played at the KFA pitch on Tuesday afternoon.
A first half hattrick from Danjuma Talubi on the 6th, 10th and 18th minutes, followed by a 65th minute header from Qadri Salisu saw Musty FC show its superiority over Okaa Sports FC.
Defensive blunder and lack of composure marred the day for Okaa Sports FC as Danjuma Talubi capitalised to put his side 3 – 0 up inside the opening twenty minutes.
Okaa Sports had a penalty saved in the 15th minutes before Abdurahman Abdulsalam tapped in from Akeem Sa’ad’s pass from close range to reduce the goal tally for Okaa Sports in the 26th minute.
Qadri Salisu also profited from a defensive blunder from both the goalkeeper and the defender to head into the open to increase the goal tally and further compiled Okaa’s woes in the game.
Akeem Sa’ad had his name on the score sheet to mark his impressive performance in the game as he scored a solo goal in 85th minutes to reduce the goal tally.
Musty FC have now secured their spot in Saturday’s final where they will take on the winner between Police Machine FC and Sunshine FC.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector