The National Basketball Association (NBA) in the U.S has changed its health and safety protocols.
Players who test positive for COVID-19 now able to return to play in six days.
The change shifts the customary isolation period from 10 days to six, provided those players are asymptomatic and meet other testing standards.
Clubs were sent a memo by the league on Monday.
It coincided with the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) cutting isolation restrictions for Americans who catch the coronavirus from 10 to five days.
Coronavirus numbers within the NBA has soared in recent weeks in spite of 97 per cent of players being vaccinated.
Approximately 120 current NBA players were in protocols on Monday, with the likes of Giannis Antetokounmpo, James Harden, Kevin Durant and Jayson Tatum recently forced out.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA
- Kwara Gov greets Olofa of Offa at 59