An NGO, neVDEX, is to train 50 secondary school girls in Bauchi State on menstrual hygiene and how to produce reusable sanitary napkins.
The executive Director of the NGO, Mr Polit Victor, who made this known at a stakeholders’ meeting in Bauchi, said that the training which supported by the Development Center(DEC), Ikra Foundation for Women Youths Development and Brot, Germany, will be for six months.
ROYAL NEWS reports that neVDEX is an NGO working to promote girl-child education in Bauchi state.
“We want to help break the silence and build awareness about the fundamental role that good menstrual hygiene management plays in enabling women and girls to reach their full potential.
”We also working to ensure that women and girls are not limited by something as natural as their periods.
”We will train them on the production of recycling sanitary towels and build their capacity to become mentors among their peers.
“During the six months training,we will conduct surveys and research to enable us to scale up the activities across the state,” he said.
The training, he said, will start at the Government Comprehensive Secondary School and Kings Secondary School in Bauchi Local Government council.
He acknowledged the commitment of the Gov. Bala Mohammed-led administration toward provision of quality education in the state.
Also speaking, Mrs Deborah Paul, Head of Department, Women Programme, Bauchi state Agency for Mass Education, said girl-child education was a responsibility for all.
Paul appealed to parents and custodians to ensure basic education for their girls.
Also, a representative of the Government Girls Secondary School Bauchi, Mrs Binta Mohammed said that the school would establish clubs and societies for girls to fast track the learning process on menstrual hygiene, mentorship and leadership skills.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory