The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has said that the country’s COVID-19 active cases now stand at 4,180, with majority of the infected people in stable condition.
In its verified website on Monday morning, the centre said it registered 216 new COVID-19 cases as of July 25.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the new infections indicate a decline from the 272 cases recorded a day earlier.
The NCDC said that the country did not record any COVID-19 related death on Sunday and the total fatalities so far stood at 2,132.
It said the country had also tested more than 2.4 million samples for the virus out the country’s roughly 200 million population.
According to the centre, of the 216 new cases, 108 were reported in Lagos and 96 in Akwa Ibom.
The NCDC disclosed that one patient was discharged on Sunday after recovering from the virus.
It stated that out of a total of 171,111 positive infections confirmed in the country, 164,789 patients have been discharged.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)