Immediate past President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, says Nigeria is on the path to greatness, despite some of the challenges confronting the nation.
Lawan made this known, on Saturday, in a statement to mark Nigeria’s 63rd Independence Day celebration.
According to the lawmaker who represents Yobe North Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Nigeria is a force to reckon with, as it has become the bastion for the propagation of democratic ideals within and beyond Africa.
The former Senate President describes the policies introduced by the administration of President Bola Tinubu as ‘laudable’, adding that they come with long-term benefits that would overtime strengthen the nation’s economy.
He enjoins Nigerians to support the Federal Government, noting that the current challenges are only temporary and a situation that would fizzle away with time.
Lawan in his message said, “I congratulate Nigerians as we mark the country’s 63rd Independence Day celebration.
“As a country blessed with so much natural resources and talented citizens, it is safe to say that Nigeria is undoubtedly on the path to greatness despite some of the challenges it might be going through at the moment.
“Nigeria has so much to show for the years it has existed as an independent nation. In Africa and beyond, our dear country stands tall in the Comity of Nations. We have become the nexus for the promotion of Democratic ideals.
“The administration of President Bola Tinubu since assuming leadership, has initiated some laudable policies to bring about a turnaround in the economic fortunes of our dear nation.
“Although the results and benefits might not be immediate, but Nigerians can be rest assured that the effect of these policies do not have the overwhelming capacity to withstand the long term benefits, if these policies by the Federal Government are sustained and implemented, accordingly.
“I, therefore, urge the administration to follow through on the implementation of ‘Renewed Hope’ agenda in a way that guarantees good governance and delivers on the dividends of democracy to Nigerians.
“Indeed, there’s hope at the end of the tunnel.”
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban