The Nigerian military has said that it is yet to receive information on alleged death of leader of the Boko Haram sect, Abubakar Shekau.
It was reported on Thursday, May 20, that Shekau was killed in a fight with a Boko Haram faction of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP).
Director of Defence Media Operations, Brig.-Gen. Bernard Onyeuko who reacted to Daily Trust’s inquiry on Shekau’s death, said;
“Sorry, I don’t have information on that.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai