Bello made the disclosure in a statement on his verified Facebook account on Friday in Abuja.
” I have tested positive for COVID-19, after a hide and seek period spanning 21 months (one year and nine months) between COVID-19 and my humble self, the virus finally caught up with me during the dying days of 2021.
” After feeling unwell from Dec. 28, I decided to do a COVID-19 test on Thursday morning. The result came out positive on Friday morning.
” Currently doing fine, with some sore throat, feverish feeling and mild running nose. Undertaking treatment and isolation at home,” Bello said.
The minister saluted and wish all the medical personnel in the FCT and beyond who have been in the front line fighting the pandemic a happy and prosperous new year 2022.
” I pray for the quick recovery of all of us currently afflicted with COVID-19.
” I have been informed by the experts that my case is mild because I took two shots of the COVID-19 vaccine.
” I appeal to all those who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 to do so, the minister said. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment