NSA appoints Zonal Coordinators for NCCSALW
To further checkmate illicit possession of Small Arms and Light Weapons, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd) has approved the appointment of Zonal Coordinators for the National Centre for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons (NCCSALW).
National Coordinator, NCCSALW, Major General AM Dikko (rtd), disclosed this in statement made available by Air Commodore Ewejide Akintunde.
The approval of the appointment of the Zonal Coordinators for the six geopolitical zones by the NSA was to further operationalize its activities towards the eradication of illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) nationwide.
The statement said that the appointed Zonal Coordinators are senior retired officers from the security agencies.
The new appointees arw AVM HU Mohammed (rtd) for the North-West Zone, Major General HI Bature(Rtd) – North Central and Rear Admiral AS Mohammed (rtd) – North East. Others include Mr Akinlade Ben Sola (Rtd) from the Department of State Service for the South-West Zone, Major General Okechukwu Ugo (Rtd) – South-East and Major General IM Obot (Rtd) for the South-South Zone.
“The appointees are qualified senior experienced officers from the security agencies selected to administer the affairs of the Centre at the sub-national level.
“The appointment of the Zonal Coordinators closely follows the approval for the establishment of Zonal Centres in the 6 geopolitical zones namely, Kaduna, Minna, Maiduguri, Ado-Ekiti, Enugu and Calabar.
“The appointments were done in a bid to ensure the attainment of the Centre’s mandate in ensuring an Arms-Free society,” the statement read.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%