The Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq said that the National Youth Service Corps is a leading impetus in the war against the deadly coronavirus, COVID-19 in the country.
The Governor said this earlier today through the Deputy Governor, Mr Kayode Alabi who also doubles as the chairman of the technical committee on COVID-19 , while receiving Hand Sanitizers, Antiseptic Liguid Soap and other surge materials produced by NYSC Kwara to support the state in the war against the pandemic.
Governor Abdulrazaq said the efforts of the scheme since the COVID-19 broke out is a catalyst in the fight against the global pandemic.
Governor Abdulrazaq therefore appreciated the scheme as a front liner in the fight against corona virus, and promised to make judicious use of the items donated by the patriotic corps members.
The State Coordinator of NYSC Kwara state, Mrs Francisca Olaleye, who led the team in the presentation of the items elucidated the fact that the Director-General and management of the scheme have been supporting and complementing the efforts of the government at all levels in the fight against the pandemic.
The State Coordinator assured the governor of the readiness of the scheme in curtailing the spread of Coronavirus in Kwara State.
Furthermore, the leader of the team Oropo Enitan KW/19B/3045, pledged, on behalf of his colleagues, to always identify with the state government in the fight against Coronavirus.
You may recall that about two weeks ago, a group of Corps members produced a thousand bottles of hand sanitizers and liquid soap at the Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development centre domiciled in the NYSC State secretariat.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport