Ondo election: Akure calm, as Jegede’s supporters await results
Akure township, the capital of Ondo State, remains calm and devoid of any crisis or celebration as the people await the declaration of the just concluded governorship election in the state.
One of the major contestants for the position of the governor, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) of the Peoples Democratic Party, hails from the town.
His supporters gathered in groups to discuss the outcome of the results as being put together by his supporters at different units when our correspondent went round the town.
While some were optimistic of his emergence, others felt that the results being bandied about by APC agents were dangerous for their ambition.
For example, those at Jegede’s poling unit wondered how the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Rotimi Akeredou (SAN) could have the figure he had in their son’s (Jegede) unit, whereas Akeredolu trounced his opponent in his (Akeredolu) ward.
At Jegede’s Unit Ward 2, Unit 009, PDP had 184, while the APC scored 77 votes.
Where Akeredolu voted, his party, the APC had 413 votes, as against 13 votes that Jegede’s PDP got.
In some of the polling units in the state capital, Akeredolu was said to be leading as well.
One of Jegede’s supporters, Mr. Adaralekun Soji, said he still believes that their son and candidate would win.
“We still have the hope of winning the election, even though we are campaigning in a very hostile environment,” he said.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate President: Group canvasses support for Akpabio
- Adamawa re-run election: CAN calls for calm
- FG confirms May 3 for commencement of 2023 Census
- Gov Adeleke entertains supporters with drumming skills (Video)
- Igbos will worship Tinubu if he can create seaport in Anambra– Cossy Ojiakor
- WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
- Ilorin Emir’s palace ramadan tafsir begins on Monday
- INEC set to issue Certificate of Return to govs, deputy govs-elect
- Facts about Gen. Oladipo Diya as he dies at 79
- DSS raises alarm over plot to incite violence