In a congratulatory message to him on Wednesday in Osogbo, Oyelude said that the ex-army chief left the Nigerian Army better than he met it.
The traditional ruler advised those succeeding him to emulate his exemplary leadership.
He lauded the courage and commitment of the Nigerian Army under the leadership of Buratai in tackling the myriad of security challenges in the country.
The royal father particularly lauded the former army chief for his selfless service and dedication to the execution of government’s national security policy.
He said that this had ensured the integration of Nigeria’s diverse cultural, religious and political leanings.
Oyelude recalled that the former chief of army staff responded positively to the request of his subjects, by constructing the bridge which link kuta to Ede after it was abandoned for several years.
The traditional ruler also commended President Muhammadu Buhari for giving Buratai and other former service chiefs the opportunity to serve the nation.
“I wish the retired army chief a blissful retirement,’’ Oyelude said
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears