PDP leaders today June 30 stormed the National Assembly to demand a reversal of President Buhari’s nomination of his aide, Lauretta Onochie, as a National Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC.
Led by its National chairman, Uche Secondus, the PDP described Onochie’s nomination as a travesty on Nigeria’s democracy. The party argued that Onochie being a card-carrying member of the APC cannot be appointed into a position that requires a high level of neutrality.
Receiving the protesters, the PDP Minority leader, Eyinnaya Abaribe, said he will present their protest letter to the National Assembly leadership.
It would be recalled that President Buhari in October 2020 nominated Lauretta among four commissioners for inclusion in the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate