Veteran actress, Idowu Phillips, popularly known as Iya Rainbow, has weighed in on the rape saga involving actor Baba Ijesha.
In an interview with BBC Yoruba, Iya Rainbow, said when it was first reported by the police that Baba Ijesha had been arrested, she reached out to comedienne, Princess, and pleaded with her for four days to drop the case against the actor but she refused.
According to her, she did everything humanly possible to get Princess not to escalate the case but she did not succumb. According to her, the leadership of the Theater arts practitioners would now seek a way to resolve the matter following the release of Baba Ijesha on bail.
“Before the matter was settled, I asked the princess for four days not to take the matter to court. I urged her not to let this matter get louder, but she refused. Now, see how the whole thing played out” she said.
Baba Ijesha was in April 2021 arrested for allegedly defiling the foster daughter of comedienne, Princess. He was granted bail by a special offenses court in Lagos on June 24.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud