Kwara State Pension Board Executive Secretary Aliyu Boni Shuaibu has said Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has brought joy to senior citizens in the state following his timely payments of their entitlements since he assumed office in May last year.
“Pensioners in the state are praying for you because you have brought great joy to them and their families. Your timely release of their money has led to up to date payment of state pension. We have also started clearing gratuities from March, 2014 where the former government stopped. This is a great thing and we are very grateful to you,” Shuaibu said Tuesday evening when AbdulRazaq paid an impromptu visit to the board in Ilorin, the state capital.
The pension board chief said the state currently owes at least N11bn in gratuities from the previous years.
He said the board was getting N150m monthly which abruptly stopped long ago until the Governor came in last May to restore the gratuities by paying ₦100M monthly which has been regular.
He also commended AbdulRazaq for approving training and retraining of staff of officials of the Board through the office of Head of Service.
He however urged the Governor to consider enrolling Kwara State in the contributory pension scheme (CPS) to lessen the burden of debt.
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
- BREAKING….. KWARA BEGINS FUMIGATION OF MARKETS TONIGHT 7-11pm
- COVID-19: Germany Chancellor donates €5.5m to Nigerians
- Ogun governor assures of equality in palliatives distribution
- Saudi Arabia govt imposes 24hrs in Makkah, Madina cities
- Coronavirus infection kills Philippines envoy
- Read what new KWASU VC says about his appointment
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen