By Idibia Gabriel, Kaduna
Kaduna police command said it has arrested two suspects and recovered AK47 riffle with 34 rounds of live 7.62x39mm ammunitions.
The command also noted that the AK47 magazine loaded with 30 rounds of live 7.62 X 39mm ammunitions are suspected to be delivered to armed bandits.
A statement in Kaduna on Wednesday, signed by the police command spokesman Asp Mohammed Jalige, stated that one of the suspects was arrested through a tip off in Giwa while the other was arrested in a raid in Zaria LGAs of Kaduna state.
“On the 24th April, 2022 at about 1330hrs the Kaduna Police Command received a credible information on a suspected movement of arms along Iyatawa village road of Giwa LGA, Kaduna State.
“A purposeful patrol and stop for search operation was mounted along that said axis which yielded the desired result. The Command Operatives succeeded in intercepting one Musa Lawal 25yrs, with an AK47 rifle loaded with two (2) rounds of live 7.62 X 39mm ammunitions.
“In a related development, the Command in her relentless effort to safeguard the lives and properties of the citizenry had on same date at about 1430hrs acted on another reliable information and raided filin Mallawa Tudun Wada area of Zaria metropolis.
These feat wouldn’t have been possible without the cooperation and prompt information from members of the communities.
“Thus, the Commissioner of Police Kaduna Command, CP Yekini Adio Ayoku, is soliciting for more collaboration from the general public in the area of information sharing as the Command strive to reduce criminality to the barest minimum in the state.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year