By Idibia Gabriel, Kaduna
Kaduna police command said it has arrested two suspects and recovered AK47 riffle with 34 rounds of live 7.62x39mm ammunitions.
The command also noted that the AK47 magazine loaded with 30 rounds of live 7.62 X 39mm ammunitions are suspected to be delivered to armed bandits.
A statement in Kaduna on Wednesday, signed by the police command spokesman Asp Mohammed Jalige, stated that one of the suspects was arrested through a tip off in Giwa while the other was arrested in a raid in Zaria LGAs of Kaduna state.
“On the 24th April, 2022 at about 1330hrs the Kaduna Police Command received a credible information on a suspected movement of arms along Iyatawa village road of Giwa LGA, Kaduna State.
“A purposeful patrol and stop for search operation was mounted along that said axis which yielded the desired result. The Command Operatives succeeded in intercepting one Musa Lawal 25yrs, with an AK47 rifle loaded with two (2) rounds of live 7.62 X 39mm ammunitions.
“In a related development, the Command in her relentless effort to safeguard the lives and properties of the citizenry had on same date at about 1430hrs acted on another reliable information and raided filin Mallawa Tudun Wada area of Zaria metropolis.
These feat wouldn’t have been possible without the cooperation and prompt information from members of the communities.
“Thus, the Commissioner of Police Kaduna Command, CP Yekini Adio Ayoku, is soliciting for more collaboration from the general public in the area of information sharing as the Command strive to reduce criminality to the barest minimum in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates