The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, (FAAN) at the weekend disclosed that it would introduce the ‘Park and Pay’ system at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in order to ensure adequate security and sanity within the airport environment.
Checks revealed that preparations are already in advanced stage with the ongoing re-organisations at the airport, while the rowdy taxi drivers and illegal businesses within the airport environment especially at the front of the departure hall is already being addressed.
The Airport Manager and Regional General Manager, North Central, Kabir Mohammed, gave the affirmation when the Executive members of the Abuja Transportation and Aviation Correspondents Association (ATACA) paid him a visit.
Mohammed, who was recently deployed to head the Abuja Airport also said the introduction of the ‘Park and Pay’ system at the airport will address the problems of touts, who go about harrasing and extorting innocent drivers who bring in passengers at the airport.
“In order to curb the issue of traffic jam at the toll gate of the airport, which affects staff, airport users and passengers, taskforce has been commissioned to supervise the toll-gate on a daily basis with the sole aim of managing the inflow of traffic into the airport.
“This effort has improved the traffic situation to a great extent, thereby making entry into the airport easier”, he said.
The FAAN boss therefore assured that a proposed relocation of the Mosque has been made for it to be moved to a more comfortable location for easy vehicular movement while expansion is ongoing for optimal performance.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates