The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, (FAAN) at the weekend disclosed that it would introduce the ‘Park and Pay’ system at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in order to ensure adequate security and sanity within the airport environment.
Checks revealed that preparations are already in advanced stage with the ongoing re-organisations at the airport, while the rowdy taxi drivers and illegal businesses within the airport environment especially at the front of the departure hall is already being addressed.
The Airport Manager and Regional General Manager, North Central, Kabir Mohammed, gave the affirmation when the Executive members of the Abuja Transportation and Aviation Correspondents Association (ATACA) paid him a visit.
Mohammed, who was recently deployed to head the Abuja Airport also said the introduction of the ‘Park and Pay’ system at the airport will address the problems of touts, who go about harrasing and extorting innocent drivers who bring in passengers at the airport.
“In order to curb the issue of traffic jam at the toll gate of the airport, which affects staff, airport users and passengers, taskforce has been commissioned to supervise the toll-gate on a daily basis with the sole aim of managing the inflow of traffic into the airport.
“This effort has improved the traffic situation to a great extent, thereby making entry into the airport easier”, he said.
The FAAN boss therefore assured that a proposed relocation of the Mosque has been made for it to be moved to a more comfortable location for easy vehicular movement while expansion is ongoing for optimal performance.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year