The Public Relations Officer of the Police Command in the state, DSP Williams Aya, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Lokoja.
Aya said Bako was intercepted on Idah-Ayingba road by operatives of the command attached to Ayingba Area Command while on a stop-and-search operation.
He said that the “suspected gunrunner, kidnapper and armed robber” was also found in possession of one locally made Baretta Pistol and 6.7mm ammunition hidden in a sack while on transit in a commercial vehicle.
According to him, the suspect who hailed from Koton-karfe, immediately confessed ownership of the arms and ammunition.
The Police Spokesman said investigation into the matter had commenced and that the suspect would be arraigned in court on completion of the investigation.
He assured members of the public that the command was determined to work in synergy with other security agencies in the state to ensure adequate security of lives and property.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC