President Muhammadu Buhari’s spokesman, Femi Adesina disclosed this while noting that the President can not pay ransom to effect release of students.
Appearing on Channels Television, Adesina said if ransom would be paid, there are agencies to carryout such not the President.
He said: “If ransom was paid, we will tell the country that ransom was paid, and if it is not paid, it would also say so.
“If there was payment, it would be disclosed. That is what I’m saying, and if there was payment, it will not be my duty, because I speak for the president.
“The president will not be the one to pay the ransom. The agencies that would pay the ransom have spokesmen, who can confirm or deny if ransoms were paid.”
Kidnapping and banditry in the Northern part of the country have been on the increase lately.
States like Zamfara, Niger, Katsina have witnessed activities of banditry, with the abduction of school students.
On Tuesday morning, the abducted students of Government Girls’ Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara State were released.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC