President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday in Abuja commiserated with the academia over the passing of renowned historian and former Vice-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Prof. Abdullahi Mahdi.
In a condolence message issued by his media aide, Malam Garba Shehu, President Buhari condoled with family members, friends and professional associates of the former vice-chancellor of Gombe State University.
Late Mahdi was also former vice-chancellor of Gombe State University of Science and Technology.
President Buhari noted that Mahdi’s contributions to educational development in the country would always be remembered.
According to him, the visionary, transformational and impactful leadership skills of the scholar, researcher and administrator remains a testimony for posterity, particularly his passion for creating an enabling environment for academics.
President Buhari prayed for the repose of the soul of the departed academic.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants