President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with the Uthoko Na Eze Royal Family over the death of Igwe Alex Ezeoba Nwokedi, the Uthoko of Achalla.
The message was conveyed by his spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina, in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.
Buhari also condoled the people of Achalla community, the Igwe-in-Council of Achalla and the Anambra State government.
Nwokedi was the former chairman, Anambra State Council of Traditional Rulers and former chairman of Nine Eastern States Council of Traditional Rulers.
He was also Manager, Group Public Affairs of the NNPC and Chief Press Secretary to the then Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo as military head of state from 1976 to 1979.
Buhari said that the Igwe left his footprints on the sands of time and prayed God to rest the soul of the deceased and comfort all those he left behind.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC