The Kano State Government plans to build 500 modern houses in Kiru Local government Area as a Rural Grazing Area (RUGA) settlement for cattle herders.
The Managing Director, Kano State Water Resources and Engineering Construction Agency (WRECA), Mr Muhammad Gwarzo, disclosed this to ROYAL NEWS on Monday in Kano.
Gwarzo said that 50 houses had already been provided for the scheme, adding that the remaining 450 houses would be provided in 2021.
“The Kano State Government has set up a committee for RUGA settlement to look into the issue of cattle rearers and challenges they and their animals face, especially when they go in search of food, shelter and water.
“The committee has recommend a complete package of building modern houses at Dangora in Kiru Local Government Area where they will have school, hospital, veterinary clinics and good roads,’’ he said.
The managing director explained that the houses would have backyards, where the animals would be kept, construct dams for them and plant different kinds of nutritional grass for them to feed on.
“We have constructed five industrial boreholes at Dangora in Kiru Local Government Area, which will serve as a source of drinking water for the herdsmen and their animals.
“The agency has carried out statistics and survey on how to make sure all the dams are in good condition.
“All the dams in the state will be distilled, drained and rehabilitated,” Gwarzo said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that WRECA was established in 1974 during the administration of the late Gov. Audu Bako.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL