There was pandemonium at weekend in Umuahia, the Abia State capital when four children; Kelechi Chibuzor, 12; Sunday Chibuzor, 10; Oluomachi Chibuzor, 8; and Kingsley Chibuzor, 3, suddenly died after allegedly consuming Suya.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the unfortunate incidence happened on August 25, 2021, while the cause of the death is still under investigation.
Speaking at their funeral on Saturday, the Bishop of Goodnews Pentecostal Church, Umuahia, Ugochukwu Ogbonna, urged their parents to take heart.
While speaking on the topic, ‘The journey of this life and the call of eternity,’ Ogbonna maintained that everyone is a sojourner on earth and no one knows when he will die.
The cleric lauded the victims’ father, Ikwunze Chibuzor, and his wife, for showing the kids the way of the Lord, as he prayed God to grant their souls peaceful rest.
In his remarks, the President General of Ohuhu, Chief Obi Aguocha, urged the parents and relatives of the kids to be strong at their difficult time.
He said, “It is painful to wake up one day and lose your entire family. People lose one or two, but not four. It should not happen again.
“Children are supposed to bury their parents; but their father is giving back to God what He gave to him.”
He disclosed that the clan gave the family the sum of N4.8m “and something else for the children that would come afterwards.”
While appealing to the bereaved couple to see their fate as the beginning of a new life, he called on members of the community not to forget the family.
At the funeral, a member representing the Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Ifeanyi Onuigbo, who was represented by Henry Eleogu, promised to stand by the family, just as he prayed God to grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.
Speaking, the bereaved father, Ikwunze, thanked all those who supported his family through financial means and words of encouragement.
He revealed that amid speculations that his kids died after eating or inhaling generator fumes, autopsy results on the deaths would be out in the next two weeks.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks