The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Monday fixed the Anambra State governorship primary election for Saturday, August 19, 2017.
In a statement signed by the PDP National Organizing Secretary, Senator Abdul Ningi, sale and return of Expression of Interest/Nomination Forms commenced on Friday 21st July and would end on August 7, 2017 at the party National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Abuja.
Screening of aspirants for the poll would last from August 9-10 while collection of election forms from the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, (Nomination Forms, CF001 AND CF002) is slated for Wednesday 23-25 Friday August, 2017.
INEC will on Monday, September 25, and November 2, 2017 published Candidates’ Form CF001 and Notice of Poll, respectively.
The election will hold Saturday November 18 with a run-off seven days later in the event of any of the flag bearers unable to garner sufficient votes to be declared outright winner.
Prominent among those in the race are Osita Chidoka, Godwin Ezeemo and Senator Andy Uba.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank