Senate on Wednesday confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s nomination of Chief Onuemuche Nnamani as a member of the Police Service Commission, PSC.
Similarly, the upper legislative chamber approved the appointment of the chairman and members of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Tribunal.
Nnamani’s confirmation was sequel to the consideration of a report by the Committee on Police Affairs, chaired by Senator Halliru Jika.
In his presentation, Senator Jika noted that the nominee possesses the requisite legal requirements specified under the provisions of section 2(a) and (b) of the Police Service Commission (Establishment) Act, 2001.
According to the lawmaker, there is no legal petition or adverse security report before the committee against the appointment of the nominee.
Also, the Senate has confirmed Mrs. Saratu Mama Shafii (North Central) as chairman, alongside six others as members of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Tribunal.
The other nominees confirmed as members of the commission include: George Chukwuma Mbonu representing South East; Barister Thomas E. Okosun (South South); Dr. Umar Dauda Duhu (North East); Mr. Ibrahim El-Yakubu (North West); Sola Salako Ajulo (South West); and Kenneth Tersoo Gyado from North Central.
The confirmation of the nominees followed consideration of a report by the Senate Committee on Trade and Investment.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Francis Adenigba Fadahunsi, in his presentation said that all the nominees screened satisfied the requirements of Section 156 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, as amended; Section 40 subsection (1) of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act, 2018; and 121 of the Senate Standing Orders 2015, as amended.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue