Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has condemned the gruesome murder of a former Speaker of the Adamawa House of Assembly and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Ahmed Gulak, which occured on Sunday morning in Imo State.
Lawan, in a statement issued on Monday by his Special Adviser on Media, Ola Awoniyi, described the dastardly act as one crime too many and calls for a swift investigation to bring all who are involved in the crime to justice.
According to the Senate President, there can be no justification for the brutal murder of a human being and fellow citizen.
Lawan, however, appealed for restraint on the part of those callling for revenge, saying they should allow the relevant authorities to serve justice on the matter as the injury of the crime was inflicted on Nigeria as a whole.
The Senate President condoles with the family and friends of the departed as well as the government and people of Adamawa State on the incident.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends