Strike: FG’s meeting with ASUU ends inconclusive
The meeting between the Federal Government and the striking members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities ended in a deadlock on Tuesday, February 22.
Last Monday, ASUU declared a one-week warning strike over claims that the Federal government has failed to meet its demands which include the revitalization of public universities, payment of earned allowances, improved funding of state universities, and promotion arrears for members. Another concern raised was the replacement of the Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS) with the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) in the payment of emoluments to members, among others.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, who convened the meeting on Tuesday February 22, led the government delegation while ASUU President, Professor Emmanuel Osodeke, attended alongside other leaders of the union.
A tweet shared by the association stated that the meeting was inconclusive.
“ASUU – FG To Negotiate On A Later Date, Meeting Inconclusive,” the union said in the tweet
Another tweet read,
“The conciliatory meeting between the minister of Labour and the leadership of ASUU on Tuesday evening has come to an end with both parties refusing to brief the press on the issues that were discussed.”
The new date for further negotiation by both parties is yet to be announced.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%