A 35 year- old man, identified as Jamilu Adamu, was on Wednesday electrocuted at Kawon Maigari, Hotoro area of Kano State, while attempting to vandalize a fenced public transformer.
In a statement issued and signed by KEDCO’s spokesperson, Mohammed Kandi, it stated that Adamu was found dead, with some tools, including sizes 17 and 20 ring and flat spanners in his possession.
Kandi also quoted the firm’s Head of Health Safety and Environment, Aminu Abubakar, as saying that, “At the time the Police evacuated the corpse, one of the HV bushings of the transformer was loosened from the base, indicating the intention to vandalise the transformer by removing the bushings as well as the armored cable.”
According to Abubakar, “Judging by the whitish burn on his palm and a huge open gash on his left arm, it is highly likely that power was restored while he was operating, resulting in electric shock, and the ceramic insulator of the bushing shattering to cause the wound on his arm.”
An eye witness account disclosed that the deceased was seen loitering around the substation area three days earlier, saying, “when he was approached, he told residents that he was there to visit his relative.”
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others