Terrorists have released 11 of the victims kidnapped in Ungwan Baka, Agunu ward of Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
It would be recalled that the terrorists stormed the community in February and abducted some residents.
A resident of the community, who confirmed the development in a chat with Kaduna Political Affairs, said that the victims were released after paying ransom.
He added that the bandits killed one of the victims identified Isuwa Mathew, because he was a security personnel.
“Recall that we reported the kidnap of our people on the 14th Feb, 2022. The kidnappers demanded an initial Ransom of N30M, which was later bargained to N7M and it was paid,” the resident explained.
“Sadly, after the payment only 5 people were released, and the kidnappers made fresh demand of 4 Motorcycles popularly called Okada which cost at least N600,000.
“We pleaded with them and it was reduced to 2 Motorcycles, with 1 Android phone and N200,000 which they said they will use in fueling the Motorcycles for their movements and activities
“Having met all their demands, we were expecting the release of the remaining 7 persons.Lo and behold, they released only 6 persons and killed One person, identified as Isuwa Mathew.
“Isuwa was a volunteer Community Policing officer. According to the kidnappers, they killed him because he is a security and a law enforcement agent.
“Can you imagine? We are very sad and helpless at this point, because even when we raised alarm no Government or any security apparatus was concerned to come to our aid. As we speak, we are still not safe for the fear of the unknown.
“How long would this continue? How can we survive in such a condition with lots of uncertainties? We are pleading with Government at all levels to as a matter of Urgency set up an operation to help flush out this bad people in our bushes, because we can no longer sleep with our eyes closed,” he said.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG