Terrorists have released 11 of the victims kidnapped in Ungwan Baka, Agunu ward of Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
It would be recalled that the terrorists stormed the community in February and abducted some residents.
A resident of the community, who confirmed the development in a chat with Kaduna Political Affairs, said that the victims were released after paying ransom.
He added that the bandits killed one of the victims identified Isuwa Mathew, because he was a security personnel.
“Recall that we reported the kidnap of our people on the 14th Feb, 2022. The kidnappers demanded an initial Ransom of N30M, which was later bargained to N7M and it was paid,” the resident explained.
“Sadly, after the payment only 5 people were released, and the kidnappers made fresh demand of 4 Motorcycles popularly called Okada which cost at least N600,000.
“We pleaded with them and it was reduced to 2 Motorcycles, with 1 Android phone and N200,000 which they said they will use in fueling the Motorcycles for their movements and activities
“Having met all their demands, we were expecting the release of the remaining 7 persons.Lo and behold, they released only 6 persons and killed One person, identified as Isuwa Mathew.
“Isuwa was a volunteer Community Policing officer. According to the kidnappers, they killed him because he is a security and a law enforcement agent.
“Can you imagine? We are very sad and helpless at this point, because even when we raised alarm no Government or any security apparatus was concerned to come to our aid. As we speak, we are still not safe for the fear of the unknown.
“How long would this continue? How can we survive in such a condition with lots of uncertainties? We are pleading with Government at all levels to as a matter of Urgency set up an operation to help flush out this bad people in our bushes, because we can no longer sleep with our eyes closed,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State