Disney, Marvel and Sony reached an agreement in the year 2015 to share the film rights of Spider-Man, in which the Marvel web slinger created be Stan Lee debuted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) in Captain America: Civil War portrayed by Tom Holland, the web slinger also showed up in Avengers: Infinity war and Avengers: Endgame.
Following the character’s debut in civil war, MCU has also produced two Spider-Man movies with Sony which are Spider-Man: homecoming and Spider-Man: far from home, in which “Spider-Man:far from home” is Sony’s highest worldwide box office grosser surpassing Skyfall.
The two movie companies has reached a disagreement on new financing terms for upcoming Spider-Man movies according to variety.
If an agreement is not made between the two companies, Kevin Feige Marvel Studios President, will remove Tom Holland’s Spider-Man from the MCU.
According to Variety, a source said an agreement might still be reached but there are no ongoing talks towards the matter as Kevin Feige is spread to thin with other Marvel projects and projects for Disney plus
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin