UEFA have officially unveiled the trophy and branding for the Europa Conference League, which begins next season.
The trophy, which stands 57.5cm tall and weighing 11kg, consists of 32 hexagonal spines one for each team in the group stage of the competition, twisting and curving from the trophy base.
Clubs will qualify for the competition based on their performance in their national leagues and cup competitions. It will be the third tier of European club football, after the Champions League and the Europa League.
“We want to make our competitions more inclusive – to give clubs and fans the chance to dream and compete for European honours,” said UEFA President Aleksander ?eferin.
“This is why we created the UEFA Europa Conference League. We have 55 national associations who make up UEFA, and it is important to give clubs from as many federations as possible, the chance to prolong their European campaigns for as long as possible.”
Tottenham will be England’s first representative in the new tournament after they finished 7th in the Premier League table. They will go straight into the play-off round, which will be played on August 19 and 26, just five days after the 2021-22 Premier League season begins on August 14.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo