British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his fiancee Carrie Symonds will be holding their wedding in July 2022.
The Sun reported that the couple have sent save-the-date cards to family and friends for an event on Saturday July 30 of next year.
Though the paper said details of where they will marry remained a secret, the prime minister’s Buckinghamshire residence, Chequers, is tipped to host the wedding. Another possible venue is said to be the Port Lympne safari park in Kent, as Symonds works for the conservation charity.
Johnson, 55, and Symonds, 33, were the first unmarried couple to live in Downing Street, moving there in July 2019, and he reportedly proposed on holiday on the Caribbean Island of Mustique.
If the wedding goes on as planned, Johnson will be the second British prime minister ever to marry while in office, following Robert Jenkinson in 1822.
The couple have lately been hit by a scandal over the costly redecoration of their Downing Street flat, which is being probed over allegations that contributions by a Tory party donor were not declared fully.
Johnson has been married twice before. He had four children with his previous wife, lawyer Marina Wheeler, before they split in 2018. The couple only finalised their divorce last November. The Prime Minister also reportedly has a daughter born as the result of an affair.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children